Christmas Music

A section of the Library's forums dedicated to the sharing and discussing of music.

Great Librarian

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Re: Christmas Music

Marian Paroo wrote:*uses capo to minimize pain of fingering hard chords*

Oh, I'm the king of capoing out of awkward keys, it doesn't help with some christmas songs.

On an unrelated note, one of my favourite Canadian musicians/comedians/all-around-funny-and-down-to-earth-guys, Wendell Ferguson (see the above video, and the below video too)... he's got a Christmas special called "Wendell's Cranky Christmas." He originally wanted to call it "Jesus Christ! It's Your Birthday Again.", but the producers wouldn't have it.

Anyway, he took this Christmas special, tried to shop it to the CBC to air, and the CBC watched and said: "[wince] Ouf, it's a little dark." ..not one to be perturbed, it was national media afterall, he took to CMT (Country Music Television, another Canadian music station), and they watched and said "Ouf, it's a little dark. It's pretty funny, though, you should take to the Comedy network, I'm sure they'll air it."

So Wendell takes his Christmas special to Comedy, and what does Comedy say?

"Ouf, it's a little dark."

So here's one of the main reasons Wendell has to try to sell DVDs, as he can't get this special on the air anywhere.

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Christmas Music

Oliver wrote:
Marian Paroo wrote:*uses capo to minimize pain of fingering hard chords*

Oh, I'm the king of capoing out of awkward keys, it doesn't help with some Christmas songs.

If I can't play it right on the guitar, there's always the keyboards. :lol:

There must be a market somewhere for Wendell to display his talents.
Truth is to Logic as a Forehead is to a Fez.
Previous

Return to The Yorke Music Annex