[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Library • View topic - Childhood Nostalgia

Childhood Nostalgia

The Marlowe Community Centre is a forum for general discussion of all sorts, from NationStates, to Real-Life Politics, to our own lives, and everything in between.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

Re: Childhood Nostalgia

We had 5 channels, but the only one I was allowed to watch on a regular basis was PBS. Now we have 6 main channels, but they're split into 10-15 subchannels.

And I remember getting internet - I was in high school, and it was on our primary phone line. (Still is, in fact. No using the internet if somebody might call.)

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Truth be told, although I get a few hundred channels, if everything except ESPN, the Food Network, Comedy Central and PBS Sprout (for my kids) disappeared, it would be weeks before I noticed.

The Internet is such a useful tool; I'd have to be pretty poor not to plunk down the $50 a month for broadband.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

*CAL remembers life before the internet and OPACs.*

We always had more than 5 channels though, but that might just be because we live very close to the border..

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Pro tip, Skizz: Just because you're older than most around here, don't assume everyone else just learned how to walk. :P

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm

I think Carra's the only one older than Skizzy, actually..not sure.

I had ~18 channels when I was little (now have 500+ that I don't use..ever..), raised with internet. :P

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 pm

We didn't get the internet until we got off the party line. Dial-up just wouldn't work with it.

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:15 am

Since this is on topic. I found a website that plays old Toonami reruns from Cartoon Network back in it's glory days. I grew up watching these cartoons and various animes they played such as Dragon Ball Z or Samurai Jack.
Former Delegate of Osiris
Twin of Harmoneia
Proud Dalist, Dalism Worshiper

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 am

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Marlowe Community Centre